Saturday, August 22, 2009

More Reading

Chapter #3 -
~ You don't have to be in Church to see God
You can see him in the eyes of those who love him
*They will know we are Christians by our love*

Chapter #4 -
~ Rather than accumulating stuff for oneself, followers of Jesus abandon everything, trusting in God alone for providence.
Ah! Argh this is one of those things I know I have to do but don't know where the balance is
~When the poor meet the rich, riches will have no meaning. And when the rich meet the poor, we will see poverty no more.
Wow. Powerful.

Chapter #5 -
~ Preach the gospel always. And when necessary, use words.
~ We aren't all called to give up everything, we are called to respond. Now I've been somewhere stuck in the middle, I can't give up everything, so I need to find the balance.
~ What the world really needs is not more churches, but a Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment