Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Irresistable Revolution

The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne

While in the Mall of America Audrey wanted to stop into Barnes & Noble to look for a book she had been wanting. While she was looking around I went in search of a good book, and I stumbled across this one.

After reading the first page I was hooked! So I figured that in order to get the most out of my reading I should take some notes. So I'll go chapter by chapter.

Chapter #1 -
~Who is Jesus? Is He just something we attend? or someone who is real and personal?
~"Jesus Wrecked My Life" wow the way he describes this can totally make sense to me. It is so much easier to live your life without being held accountable to anything, and once you know you are held to that knowledge.
~"I wanted to see passion." This is all I want to see out of a Church too! I truly long for that.

Chapter #2 -
~What are you willing to do for those God loves?
~Matthew 25:40 "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."
~The Church is wherever two or more are gathered in His name.

I completely reccomend this book to everyone! And it goes so great with my devotional book. The true revolution is to no longer act the part but fully have it flowing through your every move.

No comments:

Post a Comment