Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Be: Different

Q: Do you think of your neighborhood/college/work-place/gym as your mission field?
A: College and my career field are definitely a mission field! I will no longer be in a comfortable environment where I am surrounded by Christians. In order to find Christian fellowship I have to go out and make it my own. And by doing this I will also be a Christian in all other areas of my life, hence making everywhere I go my mission field.

Q: What are some examples of ways that you can be in the world but not of the world in those places where you "do life"?
A: One way I can think of to be in the world but not of it is at the barn. When I think about horse shows I've been to I associate with them swearing, drinking, and unagreeable morals. It doesn't have to be that. I won't be that.

Q: Have there been times that you realized that you have been both in the world and of it?
A: There are times when material objects make me feel of the world. Right now I'm on that adventure to finding what is truly important.

Q: If a judge and jury were sent to your home, workplace, or neighborhood and put you on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
A: I would say yes. I think I live my life in a way that Christian would cross a person's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment