Friday, August 7, 2009

Be: Focused

Oh my oh my. Today has been stressful! The only answer I can seem to find to trying to get it all to make sense is just by doing a devotional. So I hope it helps!

Q: What are the things you think Christians should not do?
A: Simply. Live hypocritically. I think that is the worst! It gives Christians trying to do it right a bad name. I'm not opposed to being a Christian and enjoying alcohol or having a tattoo. Those things don't define your inner relationship with God. Now I don't always see the point in doing those things but you aren't less of a Christian because of it. But living hypocritically really bothers me. Thinking you can live however you want and that God will just forgive you or that by saying your a Christian must mean you have some good down in there is not Christianity. To be a Christian you must be exactly that a Christ follower. Its a relational thing.

Q: What are the things Christians should do?
A: I think for the most part I have already answered this but mainly be a honest pure example. If others can look at you and be encouraged then your on the right track.

Q: Do you think you focus on what activities you are refraining from, rather than on the things you should be participating in?
A: This question took me back a second. I don't think this way at all so I was confused at first. I am constantly thinking about what I could be doing, and I have quite the list to prove it lol.

Q: What is one of the last things God spoke to you? Is that still your focus, or have you become distracted with something else?
A: Deuteronomy 31:8 is exactly what I need to keep reminding myself right now. "He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged."

No comments:

Post a Comment