Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thirsty Thursday

Normally this saying thirsty Thursday is connected with drinking galore because the upperclassmen don't have Friday classes and its time for the underage drinking to begin. Well I was a different type of thirsty this evening. I was thirsty for a good in depth conversation with fellow believers at the campus ministry get together. Well I just got back to my room and I'm still parched. And now everyone must go, its not like I would know who to talk to anyway. I guess thats why I blog. I can say all I need to and feel like people listen when really its just empty cyber-space.

Anyway. I find it ironic that tonight the topic for discusion was redifining the church, and in the middle of getting started, I think, of a good conversation when the right hour rolled around it was time to pray and go. How typical "church" is that? You are only here for a certain time and then its time to go about and live your merry lives. Argh. I am back in my room right now more frustrated about everything said in the last hour being totally contradicted. It overshadows all the good that happened to me today. Having a really good jumping lesson, a perfect standing wrap, an ok practice, a 100% on my math test, its all gone, I am just now left with a craving for that perfect end to my day. We can't say that something has to change and then not allow people to talk for hours getting somewhere!

A girl mentioned the song by Switchfoot Dare You to Move. Well I dare you! I seriously double dog dare you to move. You call yourself a Christian? Prove it to me. Our actions speak louder than our words. There is a song that says "they will know we are Christians by our love." No one sees your love if you don't give it away! Giving it away is moving. Its reaching. Its being a true Christ follower. That is redifining the church.

Can you handle that?

1 comment:

  1. Syd I need more people like you around me here. I am so thirsty.

    Hilly

    ReplyDelete