Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Little Steps to Change

Each of these organizations are doing their part to make change. Whether big or small, far or near change is taking place.


By giving up two mochas a month ($7) you are able to provide food for one person for a month, send two children to school for a year, provide clean water to seven Africans for a whole year or many other projects you can choose from. By giving up what seems to be so little for us, gives those living in Africa so much.

This organization is near and dear to my heart. I can make a huge difference in someone else's life by doing something so easy. I was rhetorically asked one time "So you want to change the world? What are you waiting for?" I didn't have an answer. Why should I wait? I can give help across the world while staying right here. I don't always want to stay here though. Mocha Club has summer trips that go to the places where they are working and you can see your money and your hands helping.


The official definition of the 'rebelution' is "a teenage rebellion against the low expectations of an ungodly culture." When you look around today, in terms of godly character and practical competence, our culture does not expect much of us young people. We are not only expected to do very little that is wise or good, but we're expected to do the opposite. Our media-saturated youth culture is constantly reinforcing lower and lower standards and expectations.

I do not like being put in a box, categorized, labeled. After reading this book I realized this is what I am doing with my life and will continue to do purposely. I will stand up for what I believe. And take challenges head on.


TOMS Shoes was founded on a simple premise: For every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One. Using the purchasing power of individuals to benefit the greater good is what we're all about.

Making a statement with what you are wearing is a very popular thing to do these days. But by purchasing any item from their website you are not only showing your support but giving directly as well. Making me feel that my small efforts count.


To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

We were all created to love and be loved. We were meant to live life in relationship with other people, to know and be known. We need to know that each of our storys are important and that we are part of a bigger story. You need to know that your life matters.


I recently stumbled acrossed this web site and I can't help but love what they are trying to do. Love Your Flawz was created to empower girls to love themselves for the way they were made. The media has brainwashed us into thinking perfect is a blonde, tan, size 2 young woman.

If I were made any other way I wouldn't be me. I was created with these flaws perfectly. For I was fearfully & wonderfully made. What is perfection anyways? With a type A personality I try to find the answer to this all the time when all I have to do is step back and realize God doesn't make mistakes. He has a perfect plan for my life. He knows perfect. He is perfect. He loves perfect. He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment