Friday, July 3, 2009

Favorite Movies

I think I've figured out my top 5 favorite movie list. Each for their own reasons but they each seem to be a love story. I guess this is an area where my true inner girly girl comes out.

1. Anastasia - I don't know what it is about this movie but I love it all around. When I was younger Rasputin and Bartok were scary but not so much anymore. I think Bartok is one of the greatest bats ever. Maybe I appreciate it because of all the Russians I've been around or maybe its simply the joy of self discovery. Whatever it is its one of my favorites.


2. A Walk To Remember - I remember seeing this movie for the first time at one of my birthday parties and every girl balling their eyes out. This movie has a take on love that is precious. I think every girl likes the idea of being loved like that. So wholly and innocently.




3. Pride & Prejudice - I love Keira Knightly! She is so elegant and poised. In this movie I am drawn to the Romantic buildings and dresses. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and only wanted to wear dresses and have everything Victorian. The happy ending in this movie is so perfect as well. Two people fall in love with each others faults and are truly in love with one another.


4. Slumdog Millionaire - I went and saw this movie in the theaters and had heard it was a really good movie but was pretty graphic. The graphic parts weren't blood & gore, or sexual, or bad language, it was reality. The film was so raw it just took off with my heart strings. The sad thing was I never doubted the things it was showing me. This movie was really good at doing two things: opening people's eyes to India and telling a beautiful love story. I'm starting to notice a theme.

5. Fireproof - This movie is something I fear and a challenge to me to face future marital problems correctly. By making my marriage a marriage of three it will have a solid cornerstone. God is the most important part to any relationship and without Him being the major focus its not going to work. I love the ending when they renu their vows and say they are entering into a covenant not a contract. And the ending song by Warren Barfield "Love Is Not a Fight" is something I really want to hold true.

No comments:

Post a Comment