Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Emerging Athletes Day #2

Yesterday went well but all in all today was by far better. Today Cheeks started off focused and while he still had his moments of boredom we were able to participate in all of the flat work. We worked on trotting with the correct bend and something like a counter bend, shifting Cheeks' weight from front to back, and turning on the forehand and his haunches.

For jumping we worked on being able to make our own distances. That we needed to really sit up and straight and resist the natural give in order to slow down, collect and find the deeper distance, and to just let him go and move with his head to open up his step and find the jump in stride. I'm so proud of my pony!


Watching the 3' and 4' groups was an equally helpful learning experience. For the 3' group I was able to see what they were doing wrong and know what to do to correct that and for the 4' group I saw what level I wanted to reach. Watching them was a real motivation!


A super special thank you to Natasha Campbell for letting me borrow her boots! Thank you thank you thank you!!! My left boot's zipper blew out yesterday but held while I was riding but today it wasn't going to happen. So thank you again!


Also I want to make sure I give thanks to God. Not only for getting us here but for having his hand on my back. I have had a hard time even walking because it hurt so badly and each time I rode it didn't give me any trouble. Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment