Tuesday, November 11, 2014

No Spend October Update



 So, I would say No Spend October was a success, but also a huge eye opener! Let me break it down for you:
  • With doing a zero-based budget like Dave Ramsey suggests, I've been doing this for years, but this time I put my bills first and then cut everything else out. And I mean everything!!
  • So that meant the cat, entertainment, home, and photos categories got the boot.
  • To cover those expenses I estimated what I might have to spend every week and set myself an allowance of $20.
  • This really made me conscious of what was absolutely necessary to spend money on! That cute purse from Target? Gotta save up. The new Taylor Swift album? Patience is a virtue! A new fall sweater? Not a need.
   At the end of the month when I balanced my budget again I was pleasantly surprised that I saved $154!! And I had $30 left over from my weekly spending money that I just left in my wallet to add to the new weeks allowance. Yay!!! Win. And good thing too because I had a few birthday presents to but so I really wasn't able to save up that much. Looks like No Spend November will be a thing! Christmas is coming you know. I'm hoping to be able to spend almost nothing for November and December so I can survive the holidays and then continue into the new year so I can officially start my journey paying off my debt (student loans) EARLY!

   If you have any questions about budgets or living frugally let me know! I'm an open book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment