Friday, April 4, 2014

Movie Buff // Divergent

   I went and saw the movie the other night and it was great!! It felt a little long, there were times where I was like 'this is still in the first book?' But, overall it was worth watching! Action packed and moving the whole time. I thought the ending could have been a little sharper to leave you in more anticipation for the next movie, but that is a small complaint.

   I actually liked it better than the book. Crazy right?! That hardly ever gets said. And I know it's just my opinion, but I thought that the book was long and drawn out in parts, and because of movie timing flowed together more seamlessly. Actually, when I was in the middle of the second book I thought that these books were written specifically to make movies. There was just enough content for it all to fit in to a movie format, but in the book form was pretty drawn out.

   I was also hesitant about the lead actress, Shailene Woodly. I wasn't sure she would be a strong enough lead. But, I have changed my tune, I thought she was a good choice. I thought the rest of the cast fit great into their characters and I look forward to seeing the future movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment