Wednesday, April 9, 2014

En Garde


   I'm not really a New Years resolutions kind of gal. But, this year I took a different approach to the things I would like to accomplish over the year. I just called them goals. To me resolutions feel like something that is a complete change from what I do currently. Like they are made idealistically instead of realistically. So, this year I wrote a few "resolutions" down as goals. They are: 
  • Find a Church
  • Fencing Lessons
  • Financial Peace University
  • Read more
  • Adventure
  • Yoga
  • Weekly Scrapbooking
  • Use more film
  • Utilize DSLR

   Most of these are long term commitments, or pretty open but, I just checked one off the list! I have officially taken the beginner six weeks worth of fencing classes! :) It was so much fun and I really liked that I picked it up pretty quickly. Playing a bazillion sports definitely helped lol. Fencing isn't a very physically demanding sport, don't get me wrong I was drenched in sweat every week, but it's a much more mental game. I trained with two coaches and the last week I got to bout a little bit and got a better feeling of the attack mindset that is required to be successful.


   I wish I could continue! Maybe one day when I have excess funds (what a dream) I'll return to this sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment