Monday, April 14, 2014

How to Hang a Gallery Wall


So with all my belongings finally in one place I am now able to get things organized and in their final places. My walls have been so empty and this wall above the couch had been set aside for a gallery wall including pictures of my little fam, my own photography art, and some purchased art.

   I have yet to purchase the pieces I want to add but I have their frames already set aside. So, the first thing I did was make sure I had all of my pictures printed and framed. Then, I took poster paper and traced the frames so I could arrange them on the wall without having to nail a whole bunch unnecessary holes. On each cut out I wrote what color of frame and the picture inside so I could try to vary subject and frame color.

   I started with one of my 8x10 frames and went from there. No real method, it was only tape so it was super easy to adjust. Once I had it all worked out I hammered the nails through the poster board so I wouldn't lose the spacing. And after all of the nails were in place I started from the hardest to reach area and worked over hanging up the pictures.


   I'm really excited with how it turned out and can't wait to buy the last few pieces! It was such an easy project and only took a few hours to go from start to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment