Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hello Again

I called this post "Hello Again" for two reasons. The first because I already have a post titled Love and then because of that I'm obviously revisiting a topic.

Love. It gets me thinking. And not in the hopeless romantic way where I'm waiting for true love, but in the way that its the only way to live. Its not even funny how many times I hear something and deduce it down to love. As I go through my notes I've taken so far in my notebook certain things pop out to me:

~What is here on earth doesn't matter the relationships do.
Relationships = Love.

~Where your treasure is your heart is there also.
Treasure = Heart. Heart = Love.

~The cross is God's way of saying..."I Know How You Feel"
Cross = Suffering. Suffering = Love.

~Actions speak louder than our words.
Action = Caring. Caring = Love.

~We only grow as we serve others.
Serving = Love.

And ya know what...There is only one reason that we can love and its because He first loved us. "We love because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19 Plain and simple as that. It amazes me and has made me take a step back for a second. Anything and everything we do is based on either our love for ourselves or for others so I guess that means that had God not loved us first we would not be able to do anything! Good or bad. Doesn't that just make you stop and go hmmm? Love, what a simple thing that has such a huge effect on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment