Thursday, October 2, 2014

Time


   Time is a crazy thing. Days used to drag by as a kid. I remember going on 30 min car rides and wondering when would they ever end, and now I'm thinking if only I could find more time in the day. If only, if only, if only. Lately I've been craving more time to create, I'm behind on my scrapbook, I have loads of pictures from my trip and life keeps going that I want to record here in a timely fashion. I kept thinking less is really more, quality over quantity, and yadayada, but really what I'm needing is a schedule and the accountability to stick to it.

   I follow Elise's blog and Instagram and she posts every month under the hashtag #makeitpublicmakeithappen and that might be what I need to do too. I think 99% of the time I don't feel like I can post something because I don't have a Pinterest-worthy-thousands-of-likes-worth picture to go along with everything I have in my brain. Couple that with the fact that I live in a dark cave and never get nice pictures, I feel like I always have un uphill battle ahead of me.

   Anyway, enough of the downer talk, here is how I am going to attempt to fix my problem. Every day I come home for lunch and spend a half hour watching whatever's on TV and eating yogurt, well I don't know why I don't utilize that time to put some words on paper or for goodness sakes take pictures! I need a new organized system to plan and stick to blog projects where I can realistically see what time I have that can go into these ideas I have in my head. And third I need some discipline and accountability to actually do these things. Any accountability partners out there? ;)

   What are your tricks to staying organized and diligent with blogging/crafting?

No comments:

Post a Comment