Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stepping Aside

Last night Candace had fun with my hair and she put in two french braids. So I slept on them and then woke up to fun wavy hair. T. Swizzle by Candace Human. lol.

I've been thinking more. Of course lol. And I've come to a conclusion to a conflict I discussed earlier. I talked about how I have a choice of two paths before me, well I've come to the conclusion that it isn't necessarily about two different goals or direction that my life is heading. But it is about the way I will go about living my life.

The first path was all about me, and my plans. Doing what I want and what I have imagined for me. And the second is about reallly, truely following God and His will. And I am choosing to go the secong route.

This means that I will be stepping aside from all that I have ever thought was best for me. Its no longer in my hands. I am going to make my life about serving God through serving others.

Now this doesn't mean I am throwing out all my hopes and ambitions about riding. I still want to be the best I can be, with this as my career, and my biggest goal to be the Olympics. But it does mean that I will not pass up the opportunities to praise God. I will go to Africa, and I will go as often as possible. I will more focused on others than I will be myself. I will be involved with the Church and work towards making it more about community than the common misconceptions.

I am making my life about God and am taken over by His love and a growing love for Him.

1 comment:

  1. i love you syd
    this is so true, to
    Gods way is the only true way
    and He will reward you for it!

    ReplyDelete