Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas!

I had a great Christmas this year! I loved being with my family on Christmas eve and then all day Christmas day. On Christmas eve we were able to go to a Church service for the first time ever and I really liked it. Now Christmas is over just like that. Its so crazy that there is so much build up for a day that comes and goes just like that.

But yesterday was so much more important than so many remember. Watching part of the movie The Nativity made me think about when Christ came to Earth. He came and took on flesh and that made me think about how frustrating it must have been for our Creator to be stuck in a pooping, drooling baby's body. And just by thinking of that I got a glimpse of some of the everyday sacrifices that He made for us.

I bet we don't even think about the every day things that could have been so restricting for Him. Like not being able to communicate with adults because He was a baby, or when He was a teenager and really was right about everything. Just thinking about these few small things made me just that much more thankful for His eternal sacrifice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment