Monday, October 12, 2009

Something More

A few weeks ago at the Campus Ministry's Food & Faith thing on Thursday nights we somehow got onto the topic about people who truly have never heard about God, different religious views and the knowledge and need for a higher power. I think I talked about this night before because it really rubbed me the wrong way, but I've thought about it a lot and when I opened one of the books I'm reading called The Air I Breathe by Louie Giglio, some of my thoughts were confirmed.

Louie talks about how in Acts Paul sees the people of Athens worshipping every god you could possibly think of and even had one call "to an unknown god." He goes on to say that everyone has some kind of feeling that there is something bigger than ourselves, some of us just don't know what or who that is. This brings me back to that night, I had said that even people in the very depths of African wilderness worshipped something. But they don't worship the water and the earth because thats what gives them life, I mean they think that it does, but when you are able to tell them of Jesus and His amazing sacrifice for them I've heard numerous stories where it all makes sense to them. People are out there searching for something that they don't know what it looks like.

We all have the need to worship something. All of this is really crazy because over the last few weeks the topics I keep listening to during Youth Group, Food & Faith, Church and Worship have been separated and I've just had to take a back seat and see how God would talk to me. Well it all came together just now. I'm in awe and amazement! Every time we talk about worshipping something people mention that they are addicted to their tvs or what not and I keep asking myself what am I addicted to that can/is taking my focus off of God. I've always thought to myself that riding could be that thing for me, I just love it so much and I've even said its the air I breathe. Creepy huh? I think as this has been brought up time and time again I'm starting to let go of riding being that important to me. Don't get me wrong, I still believe its my purpose in life, I've just been trying to re-evaluate whether or not its my doing or God's.

Things change when what's important changes. I hope that things are changing in me and for me. I hope that means my goals and ambitions aren't off track but if they are I want to trust God to blindly follow Him. I say blindly follow because I won't ever know what the future brings, not because I'm brainwashed or anything. That kind of was off track but I was recently told not to be brainwashed by religion or the right wing. Well I'll have you know that I believe what I belive religiously and politically because of what I've seen for myself. I am still finding out all that I believe politically but religiously I've got it. I will always be learning more and new things but go ahead and I ask me anything! And I mean anything! Go ahead try me.

Like I said I am amazed and in awe with everything that has just come together. I can't believe it. Yet I totally can :). And I love it! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment