Friday, October 16, 2009

Schooling Show

Good morning! I woke up this morning at 6am happy as a clam for no other reason than a horse show! Centenary hosted a schooling show and it was a great warm-up for my IHSA show this Sunday.

The horse I rode was Karat. He is a big bay Trakehner! Awe. Like Groovin :). We did the Novice 2'6" Eq. bright and early so I would have enough time to get to class. Warm up was exciting and Karat needed some extra canter time. But once it was our turn to show things started to settle.

Our first round didn't go all that great but it wasn't terrible. Good enough for a 5th place. We got lucky with that one lol. Our second round was much improved! I kept my leg on and Karat stayed at the same pace. We took 1st in that class :). Our third round went really well, I would have like our finishing circle to have been done better but I was happy with it. We placed 3rd. Flatting is not something I am the best at but I remembered to keep my leg on and seat up and we placed 3rd there as well.

What a way to go in my first show here at school! It was weird not being on my boy, but I still had a blast!!! I put Karat away and gave him some well deserved treats, then I went to go close out my entry. I turned in my number and collected my ribbons. Not only did I get the four for my classes but I also got a fifth one. I had won Reserve Champion! :) Woohoo! The perfect way to start my day! :)

Karat.

My ribbon wall begins again!

The rest of my consisted of passing my History of Modern Art mid-term, volleyball practice and watching the school's play "The Clandestine Marriage." The play was really cute and it made me want to overact and watch silent films! Now I must rest for my hectic upcoming weekend. Two volleyball games tomorrow and a horse show on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment