Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Balsamic Tortellini Salad


   I am a huge tortellini fan! I mean cheese filled noodles? Sign me up! Add a balsamic sauce and some beautiful fresh bell peppers and there you have it. It's so delicious that once I'm full I just can't stop eating. Anyway, here is my second official adventure in the kitchen.

- 1/2 c. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 lb. Cheese Tortellini {Cooked}
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (2 colors) {Chopped}
- Parmesan
- 1/2 c. Parsley {Chopped}
- 1/2 c. Green Onions {Sliced}
- 1/4 c. Pine Nuts
- Salt & Pepper to taste

   Combine vinegar, oil & basil. Toss with freshly cooked pasta. Let cool to room temperature. When cool stir in peppers, cheese & parsley. Season with salt & pepper. Garnish with pine nuts & green onions. This dish can easily be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Also, adding chicken, crab or shrimp really make this a main dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment