Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year. New Goals.


   So I'm not a resolutions person. I feel like anytime people make resolutions they say these outlandish things that contradict where they are currently in their life. Like the classic "I'm going to lose 10 pounds" but, they haven't taken any steps (even just mental prep steps) to accomplish this. I like to instead set yearly goals for myself. I see goals as something to get better at but, don't have to be mastered or completed by the end of the year, or even started right at the beginning of the year.

   I started jotting down a list of things I might want to work on in 2015 probably in November and have been slowly adding and editing that list until now. I ended up with 15 things on that list a couple of weeks ago and have been debating with myself ever since if that is just too many things to handle in one year. But, my slightly OCD self has a little thing with numbers and it's 2015 so why not try and tackle a 15 item list? So I had convinced myself that my list wasn't too long but I thought maybe some things are going to be too hard. I will talk more in depth about the exact list items later on but a lot on my list is entrepreneurial and photography related.

   Back to things maybe being too hard though. This morning in Church pastor was talking about the vision he had for the coming year. And the things he was saying were so powerful to me! I don't know if it makes me a bad Christian but, I was inspired not by the spiritual aspects of what he was saying but, by the courage it took to say such big numbers for a Church that only started 15 months ago (ah! 15 there it is again! haha). So I thought to myself this morning, if he can proclaim his goals in front of 600+ people, I can say mine aloud to myself and here. I always feel like I'll be judged for the things I don't accomplish and forget about everything I did actually do. But, I'm hoping that by making public my goals for 2015 that maybe I'll find accountability and encouragement to stick to it as the year goes on. #makeitpublicmakeithappen

   So, enough talk about goals and more talk about what they are. The first one is about this here blog. We've had an on again off again relationship since 2009 and I'm determined to make it work.

Goal #1

is to post at least once a week, tracking my goals and sharing more of my life. I have so many thoughts running through my head about this that I will share another time because this post is already long! So here's to 2015!!! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment