Monday, September 1, 2014

The Keys || Day 2


   Back to our trip to the keys. We all got up pretty early Sunday morning and packed up. Everyone else was headed home and Stephen and I continued on to Key West. The drive was pretty easy even though it was only one lane most of the way. The views were amazing of ocean on both sides of the car, the old bridge was neat to see with trees growing out of it, birds hanging out and most of it falling down.

   Once we got into downtown we parked the car and started to walk everywhere. We went into just about every shop and made our way up and down every street. We got in line to take a picture at the southernmost point and met up with Stephen's parents. After getting our picture taken the four of us continued on to find the end of Route 1. It was so hot and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, I had forgotten to put on sunscreen and was sure I was getting burned. Next to the southernmost point there was a fresh coconut stand, a straw in one of those was the best solution to the heat.

   We were told that Key West is a totally different animal at night so we stopped at the little Cuban restaurant in front of our hotel for some Cuban coffee. I'm not really a coffee drinker so that little buggar was enough to keep me up for days! I guess every evening they have a sunset festival with street performers and local vendors on the pier. We found the perfect viewing spot right next to a man with his performing cats. The guy was really hard to understand but he sure did enjoy performing with his cats. It was very strange but they did jump through fire so that was pretty cool.

   The sunset was really beautiful even though it was partially blocked out by clouds. Stephen and I then had dinner on the boardwalk at a lobster house. I'm not a huge seafood fan but I tried a bite of Stephen's lobster sandwich and it was pretty yummy. We had this delicious salted carmel cheesecake for dessert, I think we licked the plate clean. So, even though it was late we still had that Cuban coffee coursing through our veins so we went back through downtown. Everything had a whole new energy, there were people everywhere, music drifting through the streets, and all the buildings were beautifully lit up. It was such a full day and we had a blast!

  I'll share our last day in the keys next week and then I'll share all about my trip to England! I'm having a blast! Sign me up to travel the world, ok thanks.












No comments:

Post a Comment