Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Asian Chicken Salad


  So, I'm not really competent in the kitchen. Like at all! I can make pasta and grilled cheese and thats about where my food expertise ends. But lately I've been visiting farmer's markets and all the food is so pretty and tastes so much better! Shocking I know haha. It's inspired me to get a little more versed in food making. This a recipe my mom sent me that is perfect for summer!

- 1 Chicken Breast (I shredded it here but it also could be cubed.)
- 1 Head Cabbage
- 2 Green Onions {chopped}
- 1 Package Chicken Top Ramen Noodles {crushed}
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds (I didn't have any on hand so I used sesame seeds)
* I think adding mandarin oranges would be delish too!

   Mix all of the above together, then drizzle dressing over the top until coated.

- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Chicken Seasoning Packet {from top ramen}
- 2 Tbsp & 2 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sugar

Whisk all together.

Such a simple recipe and it is sooo yummy! A perfect start to my cooking adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment