Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Book Worm // Game of Thrones

   There has been so much hype about this series, and since I now read (I didn't for years!) I figured before I watched the series on TV I should read the books. Well, that plan is only kind of working out like I thought. These books are soooo complex and require (at least for me) so much attention to detail that it takes me quite a long time to read. So, my compromise was read each book then watch the correlating season. 

   I finished the first book in the still in progress seven part series in the early part of the year. I really liked the way it was written from the different perspectives of all the characters. At times it can get confusing but, Martin does a good job of reminding you of all the pieces along the way.

   I was a little hesitant at first because this isn't really my type of book, the whole sci-fi fantasy scene. But, the magic qualities are introduced slowly and basically at the end of this book. I didn't notice it until I was already wrapped up in the story. Looks like in be in it for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment