Friday, May 30, 2014

Long Distance Relationships


 Long distant relationships SUCK! My boyfriend and I have been together for close to seven years, or something like that - we don't really have an anniversary of when we officially started dating. But, for five of those years we have lived over an hour apart (this past year has been four hours!). At first, it wasn't so bad college was super busy and we would see each other when our schedules lined up and we were only an hour and a half away so not terrible. 

   As college plugged along we both got busier and busier (major understatement!) An hour and a half seemed impossible to accomplish. Whenever I actually had a day off he was booked full. Totally frustrating! Then, if it hadn't gotten bad enough I had the great idea to graduate a semester early and got a job in Florida. So with him in New Jersey and me in Florida things got tricky! Luckily, I'm dating an amazing guy and twice in three months he flew down to visit. 

   Then to add more complications, after he got a job fairly close to the job I had (and absolutely hated) I landed a dream job four hours northwest. Whomp whomp. So for the past year, every weekend one of us makes the trip to visit the other. It's a good thing this guy is my best friend cause otherwise I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago!

Some pros and cons about a long distance relationship (but let's start with the bad):

   Cons:
~Time wasted traveling
~Limited time together
~Communication or bust!
~Easy to grow apart
~Trust issues
~Lonliness

   Pros:
~Ability to develop still as individuals
~Time spent together will be more cherished
~Strengthened communication
~Time to yourself and your own friends
~Solidify trust

   A long distance relationship is definitely not for everyone! Even for us it started out working pretty well but now, I never want to do it ever again. Like ever! *A little T.Swift for ya there ;)*

No comments:

Post a Comment