Sunday, March 28, 2010

Schooled

Today was the schooling show and I was supposed to ride Cali in the novice eq. We were warming up great in the upper indoor and came down to the lower indoor to warm up over the show jumps. We were close to being finished and were jumping the last jump in the 5 stride line and after we got over it Cali gave a buck with a twist and I came off hard. I landed on both of my knees and ate some dirt.

I got back up and went to clean myself off, I was really dirty! I ripped my only pair of show breeches :( I got back on up top and tried to re-warm up a little. I couldn't even move my legs. So I had to get off and I didn't get to show. I was able to fully put her away on my own but as time went on it got harder and harder to walk. I went to the doctors and then went and got x-rays of my knees.

Hopefully nothing is too wrong and hopefully I can ride again soon. But as for now walking would be a great improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment