Friday, November 20, 2009

Love

Peace. Love. & Happiness.

They seem to all go together don't they? With love we live peacefully and find true happiness. In just about everything I've been reading it has talked about the importance of love. Not the mushy gushy love but the legit love. The love that knows no bounds, that kind. When I was reading "The Irresistible Revolution" Shane talked about how community is formed when people love their neighbors to the point of being a family, sharing their possesions and eating meals together. Then in the new book I'm reading "Blue Like Jazz" Don shares that through simply loving people the Church grew. It was because of love for you as you are that started to draw people to God, not how well Christ was being 'sold.'

This made me think about TWLOHA. This non-profit was started because of loving one person. By loving that one person she was able to redefine life and although they are not a Christian organization it is hard to avoid God when you are talking about this kind of love since God is love.

This then made me think of the verse that says "because He first loved us." I couldn't think of the reference but it happened to be on the back of the shirt I had worn the day before. 1 John 4:19. I then flipped to that passage. I pretty sure that 1 John 4 sums up it all.

Love. Such a powerful thing. It can do so much and without it so much is missing. Both of the authors mentioned how all the world's problems would be solved if we truely loved one another. I'm starting to agree. What would my life look like if I truely loved? Would things be different? Would goals still be the same? I don't know, but I am committing myself to love. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment