Sunday, November 22, 2009

At It Again

Yet again my favorite words come in to play for today. I went to my third IHSA horse show back at Briarwood. Briarwood isn't actually a college in case you were wondering, it is just a very nice facility and they are kind enough to let us use their horses repeatedly. Today I got to do both jumping and flat! :)

For today I drew Cooper, a chestnut gelding, for my jumping class and Snickers, a black gelding, for my flat class. I haven't ridden either of these horses before so I was excited to watch them go. I was told that Cooper needed a lot of leg and that carrying a crop was a 'yes.' Oh joy.

He totally surprised me though because once we stepped into the ring he was ready to go. We started cantering and kept pressing for a gallop. Go pony go!!! Well he went. We got the 6 stride line in 5 and one of the 5s in 4. He was such a good boy and took those longer distances when I didn't think he would.

Because of our forward round we won first place! :D And apparently my chin strap was "too lose and had ground for disqualification." :/ Yikes! I had no idea. I immediately tightened that puppy up lol. In one way that is kind of a compliment because my round was so good they had to look hard for something that was wrong. Obviously it didn't have an effect on my placing but still. Now I know.

For my flat class I rode Snickers. He looked like a bit of a pokey pony when I watched him go but I just figured I'll put on more leg right? Haha just kidding. For some reason that pony trotted slower than a slug on a hot day. We were just creepin along as all of the other horses wizzed by us. Once we were cantering though it was fine, but that trot I think was our downfall. We still placed fourth though. All in all it was a good day at the show and Centenary came in reserve overall!

Taylor Duncanson and Me.

The additions.

My first place cup. :)

Jillian, my roomie's birthday is on Tuesday right before Thanksgiving break and because we are all heading out that day we celebrated early. Surprise style! :) Kathleen and I worked it out and I drove Candace and Sam over early then Kathleen brought her in later. We went to Ruby Tuesdays and it was the first time I had ever been there. It was fun and I think she had a good time.

Can you translate the code? I sent this text to Kathleen once we had gotten to the resturant. I want to know what you think I meant by it :).

"We are in the nest. Don't lay your egg next to mine, and the crow caws from the far corner on the left."

2 comments:

  1. "We are in the nest. Don't lay your egg next to mine, and the crow caws from the far corner on the left."
    Translation:
    You are at Ruby's. Don't park near your car or you'll blow the surprise and you're seated and waiting at the far corner on the left OR your car is on the far corner on the left of the parking lot so stay away from that area. :)
    Either of the last statements work just fine :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm very impressed. it was the first one exactly. awe :) you speak my code lol

    ReplyDelete