Saturday, May 2, 2009

Inland Empire Day #1

What a long day. After leaving my house around 7:30 and warming up around 8:20 and playing three matches till around 2:30 I would say today has reason for me to be tired. Jess and I as number one girls doubles played at Mead High School. The Inland Empire Tournament is open to any high school in the area, meaning we could play a 2B league school all the way up to a 4A school.

Our first match was against Selah, a 2A high school from the Yakima area. We didn't know exactly what to expect so we thought the worst. However it turned out that even with their sharp outfits we were able to hold our own. We still ended up losing 2-6 1-6 but we relaxed a lot more and were warmed up for our next match.

The tournament is double elimination so we had to win our next match to continue. We found out we played Rogers, a 4A high school on the north side. Even though they were a 4A high school we went into the match pretty confident. We ended up winning 6-2 6-0! I was pumped and ready to keep playing.

Our next match was against East Valley, a 3A school. When we got out to the court one of the girls we were going to play was someone I knew from Miss Spokane Valley and she happens to be a neighbor to my cousin's cousin. Even though we lost 3-6 1-6, I would say we played our best ever! We practiced our doubles strategy and really did well. Because we lost that meant we were officially out of the tournament.

We were done but some of the other players were still in the tournament. So my mom drove Jess and I to CV to watch Stephen and Reid, our number one boys doubles, play Medical Lake. They played a really long game and even split sets but sadly lost meaning they were out too.

However there was someone moving on to tomorrow! Alina, our number two singles, had won her last two games of the day and was moving to day two!!! I am so proud of her! Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment