Thursday, April 30, 2009

Game vs. Lind-Ritzville

We played Lind. - Ritzville today in tennis, and we totally dominated! It was a first game for us in over a week so my partner Jess and I were really excited. Our first set score was 6-2 followed by 6-0. Leaving our current season stats to be 7-1! It took us a couple of games to get back into the swing of things considering we haven't played doubles very often in practice.

Once we got it going things came back pretty quickly. Jess's volleys were great! She had a really sweet angle shot that whizzed by! My serves got better towards the end and my favorite volley to date was the last point of the first set. I totally slammed it down and it felt really good to get a bit of my frustration out.

Tomorrow will be another day full of tennis! Jess and I are playing in the Inland Empire Tournament out in Mead. We don't know what exactly to expect, because we are from a 2B school and there are several 4A school from around the area. We are keeping our fingers crossed and hope to make it to the second day. We play Selah first, a small school from the Yakima area so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment