Sunday, April 18, 2010

30 Hour Famine

I participated in my first 30 hour famine over the past couple days! It was not easy to not eat for a little more than 30 hours but I did successfully manage it. Friday I realized I tend to eat out of boredom and since I couldn't do that I was very productive! I got a ton of laundry done, including all my horse stuff and I tidied up my room.

Once at the Church it was fun to do all the different games, even running around freezing cold in the rain for a half an hour looking for flags. We watched a really touching video about a guy and his group of friends who went to Ethiopia and they told the story about a little boy who's mother was dying from AIDS. Totally brought me to tears. Then right after it was my turn to spend a half an hour in the prayer room. Candles were lit all over a table with a list of the devastating things going on in our world. I brought in my IPod and prayed and worshiped. It went by all too fast.

During that time I again got the strong pulling that I need to go to Africa as soon as I can. Maybe I can start saving up over the summer and go on a trip over Christmas break with Mocha Club. Last year they offered trips at that time and it would be the best timing. Please pray for me that I will do God's will whatever it might be and go wherever it might take me.

1 comment:

  1. i will pray for you syd! also i am amazed at everyone who can do this, i sure wouldnt be able to go that long without food!

    ReplyDelete