Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Olympics!

The Olympics are here again. This time playing in the snow instead of the much more awesome summer months but nonetheless its the Olympics. It doesn't matter what sport I watch, I get into them all.

Cheering on the USA athletes inspires me even more. All while watching the opening ceremonies and the first few sporting events I think about what it would be like to be in their shoes, what they think about, and wondering how they all aren't jumping up and down all day long with excitement. I know I would be doing that.

I also think about how even though the things in my country might not be going well I still have an overwhelming pride for my colors. And I think it works that way for everyone, in every country. We all come together in the spirit of competition. Putting aside our differences and enjoying the name of the game.

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment